Artlab33

Friday, November 21

Thanksgiving is next week. I'll be out of town for a few days then. As soon as I return it will be time for the madness and frenzy of Art Basel Mia Bch. I personally can't get excited about it in one sense and that's my lack of exhibiting in Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale/ Palm Beach. There are several very good reasons for that including my desire to have the type of exhibition space I feel would best allow my work to be placed in context. Yeah, we've all heard that crap before. So what. This stuff is a business, even if some think it isn't. Work costs money to produce and being out of work for two consecutive has rendered my finances to only one thing, paying the bills. Art has never paid any bills for me. It has only been a source for spending money. At least when I was racing bicycles, and on hiatus from art, I got paid flights to the Caribbean several times a year. That, of course, is not to say art has little value to my life. It does have value, high value.

As a result, I'll be showing some new work on Miamiartexchange.com.
Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home